Our most beloved flower is back! The hydrangea. At Daily Flowers we love this flower. The size and beautiful color give each bouquet an exclusive look! In addition, with the right care, the hydrangea is a cut flower that also lasts for a very long time.
Hydrangea care plan
1. Clean the vase well! Do this with bleach and a brush. This is extremely important for any cut flower. If you have a vase that has not been properly cleaned, your bouquet of cut flowers will die much faster.
2. Rinse the vase well after cleaning! Now we know for sure that the vase is clean.
Take your hydrangeas and remove the bottom leaf. This can only get into the water and this will also shorten the life of your hydrangea.
3. Fill the vase with hot tap water! The hydrangeas like hot water. We add a special sachet of shrub food to our hydrangeas. This is different cut flower food than usual! Add this bag to the water and stir well in the vase. The food will now be completely dissolved.
4. Cut off a small piece of the stem! A few centimeters is enough.
5. Change the water every few days, making sure that when you do this you also trim the hydrangea again.
Not to do with hydrangea’s
It is always important not to place cut flowers in full sun, heat, drafts or near a fruit bowl. This also applies to the hydrangea! Follow these tips and then you can be sure that you can enjoy this beautiful flower for a very long time.
Shop hydrangea’s online and have it delivered
Hydrangeas are also very beautiful in flower bouquets! View our shop and order your beautiful bouquet. Tip! Our hydrangea bouquets come with a vase, so you don’t have to worry about not doing the care properly. In our automated flower store in Hoog Catharijne Utrecht there are always bouquets with hydrangea’s.